Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Visual Art Bell Ringers

Bell Ringers for Art
I walked into a colleague's room the other day and it was glorious.  The second bell hadn't rung yet and students were getting right to work.  There was a bell ringer activity on the board.

I was talking to my students about it and they seemed excited to try it in the art room.  Currently all of my students come right in and get to work.  However, 5 Minute sketches will increase focus.

I will post an art quote on the board and give students 5 minutes to complete a sketch to accompany the quote.

I made mini sketch books for the occasion.  If you want to make similar books or have your students make them for sketchbooks it is so easy.  Email me if you would like the word docs used for the inner pages (will try to post them here later).  I just put drawing paper in the bypass of the copier and 2 staples later:






Here is the quote for tomorrow:  "The artist never entirely knows - we guess.  We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark"  ~Agnes de Mille