Sunday, January 7, 2018

Photograph/Video Ice Bubbles

A Friend posted a video on my timeline of these beautiful icy bubbles.  Since it is 6 F out today I looked up a recipe on Popular Science.  I changed the recipe a bit:  1 cup of warm water, 2 Tbsp Super Fine Sugar, 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dawn Dish Soap, 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Corn Syrup.  I put the mixture in the freezer for 1/2 an hour, took it out and stirred it. Next time I will think about the lighting and backdrop for the frozen creations instead of just stepping out onto the back stoop.
The photos and video are not great but the recipe is.  My daughter took a soda bottle and taped a piece of straw in the end.  then dipped the straw in the mixture and squeezed the bottle making a bubble without any hot air.  

Up Close Macro



No comments:

Post a Comment